Send2cgeo is a script available for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browser. It allows you to send geocaches directly from your desktop browser to c:geo on your phone.
How to install send2cgeo
Register browser and/or device
Usage instructions for send2cgeo
Workaround for Google Chrome
FAQ for send2cgeo
No personal data (except your browser name, your device name and geocodes) will ever be stored on our servers. This service does not use any password and you will never be asked to enter any of your passwords for it.
This service comes without any warranty and might be unavailable sometimes (e.g. due to server maintenance).
While the import function in c:geo is activated, it transmits about 5kb of data over the Internet per minute! Beware of this, if you are on 3G and don’t have a flatrate.
How to install send2cgeo
The send2cgeo script supports Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported! You need to allow cookies to be stored in your browser in order for the script to work.
- Install the Tampermonkey Add-On (Installation link for Chrome , Installation link for Firefox).
- Make sure Tampermonkey is now activated in your browser after installation. There is a new icon in your browser toolbar.
- To start the installation, click here: send2cgeo script
- Tampermonkey will be triggered automatically, confirm the installation when prompted.
- When a new version of the script is released, your browser will either automatically update it or prompt you to allow the update.
- Continue with the registration as described below.
Special setting for Google Chrome
In case you want to use send2cgeo with Google Chrome, you might have to activate a setting in the send2cgeo script to get it working. If you are using send2cgeo with Mozilla Firefox you can skip this chapter.
As Google Chrome started to block third-party cookies (which are needed for the script to work) we have implemented a workaround into our script. So if the registration (as described in the following chapter) does not work or is lost once you close the browser, you have to use another setting:
- After the send2cgeo script has been installed you will find a link called “send2cgeo settings” on the geocaching.com dashboard page or the opencaching.de profile page.
- Click this link and activate the option “Use send2cgeo without third-party cookies”
- You might need to activate this only after completing the registration process or turn it off again if you need to re-register the browser or device.
Registering browser and device
- After successful installation of the script click “Register browser” in the window shown below
- You can change the browser name by click on its name (optional step)
- Run c:geo on your android device and select Menu → Settings → Services → Send to c:geo
- Specify a device name in the setting “Your device name” (optional step)
- Select “Request Registration”. You will get an info window showing a five digit PIN
- Now click “Add a device” in the window shown below and enter this PIN
- The window below should now show a registered browser and device.
How to use send2cgeo
- On the geocaching.com website you should now be able to see a “send to c:geo” button or icon at some places:
- On the cache details page next to the “Send to my GPS” button
- On the live map popup next to “Log Visit”
- On the search map sidebar next to “Send to Garmin”
- On the search results page you will find send2geo as an icon left of the cache type icon in a row named “Send to c:geo”
- On the bookmark page left of the cache type icon
- On the recently viewed caches page left of the distance
- Clicking this button/icon will add the specific cache to the queue for downloading to c:geo
- Start c:geo on your device and go to a list of saved caches
- Select Menu → Import → Import from send2cgeo
- The caches will automatically be downloaded from geocaching.com to the list of saved caches
- c:geo will continue to wait for more caches to be downloaded for 3 minutes.