Live map issuesWith the geocaching.com update on 14.02.2012 the functionality used by c:geo for displaying the life map was removed.
That means that the live-map now shows only stored caches.
To get new caches online use 'Nearby' or one of the other searches. c:geo is not affected in any other way. PQ's still works, all navigation, offline and online logs....
In a fast, short and not good online meeting for c:geo people come up with this. Live map will come back, but it will never be the same again. It should be fast with 2 problems.
- all caches on live map will be inaccurate (+-50m or so), depending on a zoom level
- type of all caches on live map will be unknown
A new version was put on Market with disabling of live map and put notice to users.
- Groundspeak removed Google Maps. This doesn't affect c:geo! We can still use Google Maps and show data on.
- Groundspeak removed another data-source, that was seldom used by gc.com-Users. This is the problem. We can't colve this problem with some greasemonkey script or anything similar. The data that was provided before 14.2. is not gone.
Where can I find additional info
- Our facebook fanpage.
- Our issue tracker for live map problems.
- Our FAQ.
- One of our true fans made a video for workaround (link to video).
If you have any news please contact us.